Maybe your friend just got BOTOX® Cosmetic, or perhaps you recently read about dermal fillers in your favorite magazine. Whatever the case, you’ve heard the hype and are now wondering how injectables and dermal fillers can benefit your skin. At Advanced Dermatology and Laser Institute of Seattle, we offer several non-surgical options to reduce the signs of aging, improve your skin tone and contour your face for a glowing, more youthful look.
Relax Fine Lines and Wrinkles
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a widely known injectable that temporarily stops movement in your facial muscles that can cause fine lines and wrinkles over time. As a result, it will only be able to treat signs of aging caused by muscle movement, including frown and forehead lines, as well as crow’s feet.
Unlike BOTOX® Cosmetic, dermal fillers fill in your fine lines and wrinkles by placing a gel-like substance beneath your skin. Juvéderm®, Belotero Balance® and Restylane® are made with hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in your skin, to keep your face plump and hydrated. They can be used to treat:
- Crow’s feet
- Nasolabial folds
- Marionette lines and vertical lip lines
- Forehead lines and frown lines between your eyebrows
Add Volume to Cheeks, Temples, Lips and Hands
As you age, your skin loses its natural fat and elasticity. This can result in sunken or deflated-looking cheeks and temples, thinning lips and veiny, wrinkly hands. We offer the following dermal fillers to restore lost volume to these areas:
- Radiesse®: This dermal filler uses calcium hydroxylapatite, a naturally occurring substance in your bones, to stimulate collagen growth. It’s most often used to treat signs of aging on the back of your hands.
- Voluma®: This dermal filler uses hyaluronic acid to treat hollow-looking cheeks, temples and jawlines.
- Sculptra® Aesthetic: This dermal filler uses a safe, synthetic poly-l-lactic acid to increase collagen production for smooth, healthy looking skin.
Treat the Appearance of a Double Chin
We also offer the only FDA-approved injectable to treat a moderate to severe double chin. Kybella® uses deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule in your body, to break down and absorb the fat cells in your chin.
Though you may need two to four sessions before you see a noticeable reduction in your double chin, Kybella® permanently destroys your fat cells for lasting results. It’s a good option if you:
- Feel a sagging chin makes you look older than you are
- Want to avoid surgical options, such as liposuction, to treat your double chin
- Have tried lifestyle modifications to reduce the size of your chin without success
Add Fullness to Thinning Hair
If you feel that your body’s natural aging process has been exacerbated by a condition known as hereditary-pattern hair loss, we offer a unique injectable called Platelet-Rich Plasma or PRP. It’s designed to treat hereditary-pattern hair loss on both men and women.
PRP uses the natural, restorative benefits of your own blood plasma to promote activity in your hair follicles. Blood is typically drawn from your arm and then processed in a special machine called a centrifuge, which isolates your platelet-rich plasma before it’s injected into your scalp.
PRP requires ongoing maintenance treatments, typically every four to six months, to help slow down hair loss and stimulate your hair follicles for continued growth. However, it’s a safe, non-surgical method for hair loss.
Get Injectables and Dermal Fillers in Seattle
Board-certified dermatologist Dr. Steven Greene focuses on providing natural-looking results for his patients. Call 206-402-4797 to schedule a consultation and learn which type of injectable is best for your medical needs and treatment goals. We serve patients in the Seattle area.